Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wednesday game and a dollar hot dog come at a price!

Last week i was in dallas attending a conference for the teaching position I accepted at my school. AVID is Advancement Via Individual Determination. It teaches 1st generation college students how to get into college, study, work in a study group and write. I was there from Sunday to Friday, which was eventful in itself. Monday started with a wonderful 2 mile run on a track outside at a 13 minute pace. I was so beside myself I was so excited! Nikki and I went back inside to find the entire guest list of the hotel downstairs and no elevator working. Apparently there was a fire on my floor, the 14th no less. So I did 2 miles and 14 flights of stairs back to my room. I was exhausted just from the workout alone! :)

Tuesday was just fine. But Wednesday...glorious Wednesday!!!

The Texas Rangers are having a stellar season to say the least. They were also having a special for educators. Free tickets!!!! So my friends Teresa and Ryan, and my principal Mr. Stock load up in Teresa's car for a ballgame! We ask for the best seats we can get for our free tickets. They gave up 35 dollar seats between home and first. And....drum roll please...dollar hotdogs!!! Since the district was paying for dinner, I was getting the most bang for my buck. I had 2 hotdogs (You really didn't think I could eat 13 hotdogs and a coke right?) Anyways, bottom of the ninth Rangers are 1 run down, 1 man on and two outs and Hamilton came up to bat and hit a two run homerun to win the game!!! It was amazing! He is a former alcoholic who sobered up so he could play the game he loves. His comeback story is amazing! His idol is Roy Hobbs and his favorite line is "I just want to play baseball, because I love the game!" (tear tear!)

The week in a nutshell...fantastic!

1 comments:

drc said...

i keep telling you you're a lot faster than you give yourself credit for!!!

good job girlie!
~d