Friday, February 1, 2008

Running Surfside alone! Whatever shall I do?

I guess I am all alone in the big race. Okay, I can run by myself but why? It is so much better with a comrade in crime. Makes the time pass. Some people enjoy the solitarity, not me. I like talking and cutting up and laughing while I am out there. I am not all "Little Miss Serious Runner", you know the kind, all decked out head to toe, can't stand a slow person around them, no need for aid stations they are tougher than that. My theroy on half marathons is "If you cannot have fun, why are you doing this??" My running partner, we will call her "Cheery Carrie" cannot run or even walk because the doctor says no. She begged and pleaded (kinda reminds me of me!) and to no avail. Okay so it will be my iPod(yes, I am a proud iPod user and USATF will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands!), the waves of the Gulf of Mexico and 499 of my closet friends there! It will be tough but I will persevere!!!!

0 comments: