Saturday, January 5, 2008

Bittersweet Symphony

Today was the last official training run from my group for the Houston Half Marathon. I am ready...as Dr. Seuss says I have feet in my shoes and brains in my head... My running partner got sick this week so I was flying solo today. April ran with me and things were great! We did a 2 min. run with a 5 min. walk inbetween. On the run we saw 3 packs of bikers who looked to be training for the MS 150, lots of mud, rain, and humidity. Today was the first day that I found salt deposits on my face after the run. They say it is from eating something salty the day before and not hydrating enough (Oops!). I crossed the finish line with my group that came back to get me. Thanks Dawn, Jim, Jana, Shirley, Dawn, Shannon, Reagan, Betty and anyone else who has supported me this season! Your words of encouragement has meant the world to me while I try to accomplish the seemingly impossible. I am still running in the off season, I have two more races scheduled. Oh well, miles to go before I finish....

0 comments: